This grant, supported by the PPG Foundation, intends to help STEM*FYI graduate students further their professional development and/or research goals in STEM. The grant is intended for graduate STEM students to participate in conferences, workshops, and/or other professional development opportunities (e.g., classes, certifications, organizational memberships, dissertation editing services, etc). We strongly encourage graduate STEM students from non-dominant communities and backgrounds to apply.
- Maximum support: $500
- Funding to be disbursed via stipend payment
- Disbursement of funds is contingent upon sustained and active engagement with STEM*FYI (attend/share monthly events, subscribe to listserv, follow/share social media, etc.)
- Proposal – Applicants apply for the grant through a Google Form that includes a short, 350 word proposal. Proposals should describe the opportunity, how the opportunity will enhance their current or future work, and how they plan on sharing the information they gain.
- Post-award follow-up: Applicants are strongly encouraged to utilize social media to highlight their award and share their experience as a result of the award with their professional and social networks.
- Budget – The Google Form also includes a section for a brief, itemized budget to accompany the proposal. The budget should include any additional support the applicant has, or is seeking to secure. Failure to clearly articulate the need for funding may result in proposal rejection after review.
- Supporting Documentation – For example, if the opportunity involves an abstract submission, the abstract should be included. If the opportunity involves a workshop, a brief workshop summary should be included.
- Submission – Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis ($500 maximum per request, maximum one funded submission per applicant per year).