Graduate Degree, Certificate, or Designated Emphasis Proposals
All graduate degree, certificate, or designated emphasis proposals begin with a preliminary review by the Graduate Division in preparation for the first step in the graduate program approval process: the Graduate Council. Contact Graduate Division’s Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs, Linda Song, at 643-7412, firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 2020 Update
Due to the unprecedented demands created by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Graduate Division must triage priorities to ensure that the immediate needs of students are met. Therefore, in consultation with the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost, the Graduate Division is implementing a temporary pause on the review of new degree proposals and will not accept new proposals until after August 31, 2020.
Please read this update detailing the new procedure for submitting proposals, now through Aug. 31, 2020.
Proposal guidelines and information
- New State-Supported Degrees
- New Self-Supporting Degrees
- Concurrent Master’s Degrees Program
- Designated Emphasis
- Discontinuing a Degree Program or a Designated Emphasis
What is the review process and how long does it take?
Preparing the proposal:
- Program proposals: Linda Song, Graduate Division Assistant Dean, 643-7412, email@example.com
- Self-supporting program budget proposal and information: Aaron Smyth, Campus Finance Lead for Student Fees, 643-9595, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Market assessment of program demand: Chris Stawski, Analyst, 663-1462, email@example.com.
Where is the proposal in the approval process?
- Academic Senate Review progress: Sumei Quiggle, Academic Senate Associate Director, 643-5460, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Systemwide Review progress: Kira Blaisdell-Sloan, Office of Planning and Analysis Institutional Research Analyst, 642-1300, email@example.com
- WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) review: Cindy Bumgarner, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Undergraduate Education, 644-7822, firstname.lastname@example.org