Graduate Degree, Certificate, or Designated Emphasis Proposals
All graduate degree, certificate, or designated emphasis proposals begin with a preliminary review by the Graduate Division in preparation for the first step in the graduate program approval process: the Graduate Council. Contact Graduate Division’s Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs, Linda Song, at 643-7412, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposal guidelines and information
- New State-Supported Degrees
- New Self-Supported Degrees
- Concurrent Master’s Degrees Program
- Designated Emphasis
- Discontinuing a Degree Program or a Designated Emphasis
What is the review process and how long does it take?
Preparing the proposal:
- Program proposals: Linda Song, Graduate Division Assistant Dean, 643-7412, email@example.com
- Self-supporting program budget proposal and information: Hugh Graham, Campus Finance Lead for Student Fees, 664-7406, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Market assessment of program demand: Ashish Mukharji, Business Development Director, 664-4019, email@example.com,
Where is the proposal in the approval process?
- Academic Senate Review progress: Sumei Quiggle, Academic Senate Associate Director, 643-5460, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Systemwide Review progress: Noam Manor, Office of Planning and Analysis Institutional Research Analyst, 642-2045, email@example.com
- WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) review: Cindy Bumgarner, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Undergraduate Education, 644-7822, firstname.lastname@example.org