Graduate Degree, Certificate, or Designated Emphasis Proposals
All graduate degree, certificate, or designated emphasis proposals begin with a preliminary review by the Graduate Division in preparation for the first step in the graduate program approval process: the Graduate Council. Contact Graduate Division’s Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs, Linda Song, at 643-7412, email@example.com.
Proposal guidelines and information
- New State-Supported Degrees
- New Self-Supported Degrees
- Concurrent Master’s Degrees Program
- Designated Emphasis
- Discontinuing a Degree Program or a Designated Emphasis
What is the review process and how long does it take?
Preparing the proposal:
- Program proposals: Linda Song, Graduate Division Assistant Dean, 643-7412, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Self-supporting program budget proposal and information: Seija Virtanen, Campus Finance Lead, 664-7406, email@example.com
- Market assessment of program demand: Chris Van Nostrand, Director of Marketing, New Academic Ventures at Berkeley/Berkeley Resource Center for Online Education, 664-4151, firstname.lastname@example.org
Where is the proposal in the approval process?
- Academic Senate Review progress: Sumei Quiggle, Academic Senate Associate Director, 643-5460, email@example.com
- Systemwide Review progress: Noam Manor, Office of Planning and Analysis Institutional Research Analyst, 642-2045, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Western Association of Colleges and Schools (WASC) substantive change information for online and hybrid degrees: Cindy Bumgarner, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Undergraduate Education, 644-7822, email@example.com