Wednesday, November 8, 2017
5:00 – 7:30 pm
Interested in a career in transforming food systems?
The Berkeley Food Institute and UC Berkeley food-related student groups are hosting a Food Systems Career Panel. Come network with local leaders from across the food and agriculture sector. Speakers will share stories of how they built their job paths and offer insights into current trends in the field. The event will consist of a panel followed by a reception with ample time for networking — with refreshments from an innovative food business, of course!
This event is intended for UC Berkeley students. Please register with your @berkeley.edu email address.
- Ben Chesler, Co-founder, Imperfect Produce
- Monica Cooper, Farm Advisor, Viticulture, UC Cooperative Extension
- Rebekah Moses, Sustainability and Agriculture Manager at Impossible Foods Inc.
- Justin Rausa, Principal Field Representative, Office of California Assemblymember Rob Bonta
- Tiffany Tran, Senior Sustainability Analyst, Annie’s Homegrown, Inc.
- Moderated by Kris Madsen, Faculty Director, Berkeley Food Institute, and Associate Professor, Joint Medical Program and Public Health Nutrition, University of California, Berkeley
Refreshments by Aileen Suzara of Sariwa.
Co-sponsored by UC Berkeley Student Organizations
BEACN, FEED, FoodInno, Food@Haas, Food and Agriculture Policy Group, Food Science and Tech at Cal, GradFood, Berkeley Food Institute Undergraduate and Graduate Student Councils, and UC Global Food Initiative Student Ambassador.