The Center for Chinese Studies offers annual competitive fellowships for continuing UC Berkeley graduate students in Chinese studies. Eligibility varies among the fellowships. Students may submit a single application for multiple CCS awards. Students may apply to only one of the four Center/Institute competitions (CCS, CJS, CKS, IEAS), so applicants should carefully consider which one best suits their needs.
- CCS Language Study Grants
- Dissertation Writing fellowships
- MA Student Fellowships
- Republic of China East Asian Fellowships
- CCS Summer Research Grants
- Long-Ling Hsiao Chu and Chao Chi Chu Fellowship in Chinese Studies
- Liu Graduate Research Fellowships in Chinese Studies
- Joseph R. Levenson Chinese Studies Awards
- Elvera Kwang Siam Lim Fellowship in Chinese Studies
- Pamela and Kenneth Fong Graduate Student Fellowships
Required application documents
- Application Cover Sheet (PDF file – please use ONE form for all awards)
- A current Curriculum Vitae
- A detailed Research/Study Proposal for the period of requested support (max. 2 pages)
- A List of All Financial Assistance received during graduate study, including fellowships from ALL sources (extramural fellowships, research assistantships, teaching appointments, and grants)
- A complete List of All Support, including the amount of funds requested for the coming academic year, with notes on the status of the requests
- An Estimated Budget for your project
- Two Letters of Recommendation (mailed or emailed separately to to firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)).
- A current Transcript (unofficial copies OK) from UCB together with a list of any courses currently in progress
Please send the form and all the materials — with the exception of the recommendations — by email to email@example.com as a single pdf file.
All documents must be received by Monday April 1, 2020. For more information, visit the Center for Chinese Studies website.