This fall, UC Berkeley became the first public university in the U.S. to offer both graduate and undergraduate student parents access to emergency back-up child care at highly subsidized rates.
Consider back-up care when:
- Your child’s school/center is closed for winter break.
- Your primary caregiver is on vacation.
- Your child is mildly ill and cannot attend their regular care program.
- You need extra study time and your primary child care option is unavailable.
- Your primary caregiver has quit and you are between full-time care arrangements.
- You have a new baby and need temporary care as you transition back to school.
To learn more about the program and to register, visit the Back-Up Child Care website.