Extension to Change Grading Option for Spring 2021 Semester

The Graduate Council has approved an extension of the deadline for students to change their grading option for the spring 2021 semester. Please check with your department’s Graduate Student Affairs Officer (GSAO) first about any changes to your grading option. You will want to confirm whether your department requires a letter grade for the course(s) that you are thinking of taking S/U and whether you will exceed limits on the total number of S/U units allowed by your program.

  • Spring 2021 Semester: Graduate students may change the S/U grading option themselves via CalCentral. The deadline for spring 2021 has been extended to April 29, 2021.

Note that this extension only applies to students wishing to change their grading option from letter grade to S/U. It does not apply to students who wish to change their grading option from S/U to letter grade. Regardless of the grading option, instructors will continue to maintain and submit records of students’ letter grades earned.

Please direct any questions to Linda Song ([email protected]), Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs in the Graduate Division.