UC Berkeley engineering graduate students considering academia as their profession are invited to apply to a series of free DELTA Future Faculty Institutes facilitated by the American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE). These workshops are open to all graduate students and postdocs in engineering and are designed to prepare current graduate-level students for a successful launch of their career as a new engineering faculty member. This offering includes a special two-hour session on strategies for effective classroom teaching and learning. Those who register will receive a free ASEE student membership.
To register, click on the registration link with the corresponding cohort. Please choose only one.
The program staff ask that you fully commit to the program and attend each session to receive certification.
Registration Dates and Links
Cohort III: January 28, 29, and February 1, 2021 from from 8-10 a.m. Pacific Time
- Deadline to register is Jan. 21
- Registration Link: https://www.asee.org/public/conferences/251/registration
Cohort IV: February 3, 4, and 5, 2021 from from 8-10 a.m. Pacific Time
- Deadline to register is Jan. 27
- Registration Link: https://www.asee.org/public/conferences/252/registration
Session Topic Breakdown:
- Pre-assignment to develop application materials (e.g., CV, teaching statement and research statement) – 0 hours instruction
- Session I: Categorizing Engineering Faculty Positions – 2 hours instructions
- Session II: Preparing for the Application Process & Getting Started – 2 hours instruction
- Session III: Methods of Course Delivery for Improved Learning – 2 hours instruction