The Green Initiative Fund (TGIF) is UC Berkeley’s Campus Green Fund. TGIF provides funding, via grants, for projects that improve and support UC Berkeley’s campus sustainability efforts.
TGIF allocates funds to projects that promote sustainable modes of transportation, increase energy and water efficiency, restore habitat, promote environmental and food justice, and reduce the amount of waste created by UC Berkeley.
- Students, faculty members, and/or staff members of UC Berkeley are encouraged to submit a proposal for consideration by The TGIF Committee.
- TGIF hosts a fall mini-grant cycle for projects up to $5,000 and a larger spring grant cycle for projects $5,000 or above.
- The spring grant cycle has an optional early abstract deadline to receive feedback on your project idea, then a required final abstract deadline, upon which TGIF’s Committee will invite applicants to submit a final application for review.
Fall Mini-grant Deadline: Friday, October 19, 2018, 5 pm
Spring Grant Deadlines:
- Early Abstracts: Friday, February 1, 2019, 5 pm (optional)
- Final Abstracts: Friday, March 1, 2019, 5 pm
- Final Applications: Friday, April 5, 2019, 5 pm (Note: by invitation only)