Welcome New Graduate Students
New Graduate Student Orientation (NGSO) is an optional orientation designed to supplement orientations that are held by your department, school, or program. We’re partnering with offices and organizations all over campus to help provide information to ease your transition into graduate school, introduce you to campus services and opportunities to get involved, and help you get connected with graduate student communities.
All sessions will be conducted virtually this year via Zoom. Starting August 15, all participants and hosts will be required to sign into a Zoom account prior to joining meetings. Learn how to activate your FREE licensed Zoom account as a UC Berkeley student.
Sessions delivered live August 18-25, 2020 from 1-4 pm PDT (or watch recordings).
View the full NGSO 2020 Program Schedule (PDF). Highlights include:
- Welcome Address on August 19, featuring remarks by Vice Provost for Graduate Studies Lisa García Bedolla and Graduate Assembly President Luis Tenorio and keynote address from Dr. Erin M. Kerrison, Assistant Professor in the School of Social Welfare.
- GradFest on August 25, a virtual graduate student organization and resource fair co-hosted by the LEAD Center, the Graduate Assembly, and the Graduate Division.
Register to Join:
To register for sessions, visit our CampusLabs site at https://ucberkeleygrad.campuslabs.com/engage/events and log in with your CalNet ID. View and RSVP for individual workshops by filtering for New Graduate Student Orientation (NGSO) events under Categories.
- Creating your campus Zoom account
- Join a test meeting in Zoom
- How to claim your CalNet ID
- Resetting your CalNet ID or Passphrase
- Searching for Events in CampusLabs
Important Communications for Incoming Grads
You should be receiving/have received communications with helpful information about resources and important things to take care of as you come on board. If you missed these emails, you can read them here.
Other Orientation Events
GradFest – a virtual graduate student organization and resource fair (CalNet log-in required)
Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Prevention Trainings
UC Berkeley is committed to creating a safe environment and providing education to address issues of sexual harassment and sexual violence in our community. As one part of our comprehensive prevention education program, incoming students must participate in a live Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Prevention Training. Some departments and programs will host a training as part of their orientation programs. Any student may also sign up to attend an open training hosted by the Graduate Division and the PATH to Care Center.
Click on an individual session below to register (CalNet log-in required).
- Tuesday, August 18, 8:00am PDT
- Thursday, August 20, 7:00pm PDT
- Monday, August 24, 12:00pm PDT
- Tuesday, August 25, 9:00am PDT
- Tuesday, August 25, 5:00pm PDT
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org