The Volvo Environment Prize recognizes environmental research and initiatives, with an emphasis on scientific research that has meaningful influence outside of its discipline in advancing sustainability, for example, research that influences policy or behaviors.
It is awarded annually to laureates who represent a wide span of knowledge and areas of importance to the environment. Previous laureates include economists, biologists, urban development experts, resource and hazard specialists, poverty adversaries and others who are exploring the path to a sustainable world.
The Prize consists of a hand-crafted diploma, a glass sculpture and a cash award for SEK 1.5 million (approximately EUR 165,000 or USD 215,000). The award ceremony is in Stockholm in November each year. Anyone can nominate a person for the Volvo Environment Prize.
- A short letter of motivation
- A detailed description of the research the nominee has conducted and how it adds to our knowledge around environmental science. Main achievements and their importance should be emphasized. Emphasis must also be placed on the impacts of the research outside of the particular discipline e.g. impacts on policy development, impacts on sustainability and/or contribution to changed behavior
- CV of the nominee and list of published paper/s and links if available
- Letters of reference. Maximum 3 letters written by someone other than the nominator
- Nominations should be submitted in English using the official form available at www.environment-prize.com. When not feasible, please contact the secretariat email@example.com
- When submitting nominations for a group of named individuals please send one nomination for each person (maximum 3 persons) and specify in the description of achievements that the nomination is for a shared prize
Nominations are due by January 10th, 2017. For more Information see Volvo Environment Prize Website.