The Department of Academic Affairs at Rollins College is seeking applicants for a two-year appointment in the Alfred J. Hanna Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship in Latin American and Caribbean Studies.
Eligible scholars have earned a doctorate within the last three years in any academic discipline and with a geographical focus on Latin America and/or the Caribbean. The two-year experience is expected to prepare the fellow for a position at a liberal arts college. The successful candidate will demonstrate an interest in learning about the rewards and challenges of a career at a liberal arts institution and will be an interdisciplinary teacher/scholar who will integrate Latin American studies into our liberal arts curriculum while pursuing a significant research agenda in his or her field. The teaching load for this position is three courses each year, one in the fall semester and two in the spring.
- PhD in hand by June 1, 2019
- Active participation in the Latin American and Caribbean Studies program demonstrated by one or more of the following: working with a Latin American student organization; creating and implementing campus programming; or organizing and co-leading field study experiences
- A desire to contribute to a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment where we view differences as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth
- Candidate is expected to deliver a talk on his or her research on campus and is strongly encouraged to involve students in the process
- Funding is available to support student-faculty collaborative scholarship experiences
Rollins College is a comprehensive, liberal arts college located just north of Orlando, Florida, a diverse metropolitan community with a thriving economic and cultural scene. Nearby, Orlando International Airport provides easy access to U.S. and international destinations. The College emphasizes innovative and quality teaching in small classes and ranks number one among 121 Southern master’s degree-level universities in the annual rankings of “America’s Best Colleges,” released by U.S. News & World Report. Visit the College website at www.rollins.edu.
Rollins College offers a generous benefits package featuring comprehensive health coverage, retirement savings plan with generous employer contribution and full tuition waiver after one year for employees, spouses, domestic partners, and dependents.
Apply online directly through the Rollins College employment website.