Assistant Dean for Graduate Diversity
510-643-7550 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oversees efforts to increase the access and academic success of diverse students on the Berkeley campus , including first-generation students, historically underrepresented students, students from educationally and socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds, students of color, LGBTQ students, and disabled students.
- Advises the Vice Chancellor for Equity & Inclusion and the Dean of the Graduate Division on a broad range of graduate student issues
- Provides leadership to achieve equity and inclusion for diverse students through outreach and recruitment, admissions advising, academic and social support and mentoring.
- Collaborates with key campus partners to sustain current best practices and to develop innovative opportunities for recruitment and retention
- Provides advice and support to campus departments, deans, faculty, advisors and program coordinators who are striving to achieve equity and inclusion within their graduate student body
- Advises campus departments as requested to develop new strategies to enhance departmental diversity such as strategic planning, admissions policy recommendations and potential partnership on grant proposals to increase program diversity
- Works in partnership with other UCs, HSIs and HBCUs in developing pipeline programs and research opportunities
- Maintains oversight of and provides leadership to the American Indian Graduate Program (AIGP)