Are you working on research that you want to share with a larger audience? Do you want a chance to win up to $3,000? There’s still time to enter Grad Slam, a UC-sponsored competition designed to showcase graduate student research for a general audience.
The UC Berkeley campus-wide competition will take place on April 3, 2019. The winner from this event will compete in the UC-wide competition on May 10, 2019.
Take These Three Easy Steps to Submit Your Video
- Craft a 3-minute talk on your original research. The pitch should be clear, organized, and well-delivered.
- Make a video recording of your pitch. You do not need to use professional video equipment! You can do it at home or school with a phone or laptop camera.
- Submit your video by 11:59 pm (Pacific Time) on Monday, February 18, 2019.
Read more about the competition rules, and specific requirements for your video on the Grad Slam website.
What’s Next? Live Competitions!
- Campus competition, Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 3 – 5:30 pm
Up to ten semi-finalists will be selected from the video submissions to participate in a live campus competition. All the semi-finalists will receive $100, and three finalists will win cash prizes of up to $3,000!
- Systemwide competition, Friday, May 10, 2019
The winner of the campus competition will represent Berkeley at the UC system-wide competition at the LinkedIn headquarters in San Francisco and will have a chance to win even bigger cash prizes, as well as garner statewide media attention!