The Forgotten International (FTI) is enlisting applicants for field volunteer positions abroad to do poverty alleviation work. FTI partners with 10 organizations in Cambodia, Nepal, India, Kenya, Peru and Uganda, and continues to expand their placements around the globe. Placements abroad may involve:
- teaching English or other skills to children or young adults in a village school
- writing, reviewing and editing English-language publications for an NGO
- performing legal research and writing for a human rights organization
- creating or updating simple websites or promoting marketing campaigns to help a fledgling NGO
- working in a medical clinic or performing public health field work
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, have relevant experience and skills as well as be physically able to endure the sometimes difficult conditions associated with living in a developing country for an extended period of time. A time commitment of at least 8 weeks is required.
The deadline to apply is March 15, 2016. For more information see the FTI website.