Danone North America will award two graduate students a grant of $25,000 each. The successful candidates should excel in science and have an interest in studying the gut microbiome, probiotics and yogurt in human health and wellness (the “Field”). Applicants are encouraged to submit a proposal for a study that explores measures of human health and wellness.
The grant is not designed for the investigation of disease treatment or clinical management and should focus on wellness, long-term health and longevity, growth and development, or performance. Such topics may include the role that gut health, probiotics or yogurt on brain function, growth and development, digestive health, weight management or heart health; factors, such as foods or nutrients, that influence the gut microbiome.
The award may be applied towards tuition or research-related projects or as otherwise allocated at Danone’s sole discretion. It will be payable directly to the student’s educational institution to support their continued education on related topics during 2019.
- Be an incoming, current and full-time enrolled graduate student, at least 18 years of age, studying in the Field (as defined above) during the 2018-2019 academic year at an accredited U.S. Institution
- Be in good standing in the college or university, as well as major program of study. Confirmation letter from department chair, dean or institution’s graduate studies, registrar, or admissions office required
- Be a current U.S. citizen (proof of citizenship is required) or permanent U.S. resident (proof of residency is required). Acceptable documents include copy of the student’s passport or green card
- Upload completed application online within the allotted acceptance period November 30, 2018, to February 15, 2019. Includes:
- Written essays
- Official transcript from current institution or immediate past university if an incoming graduate student
- CV or resume
- One letter of recommendation received from faculty member or advisor by February 25, 2019
- Utilization of grant funds must begin in 2019
For any questions regarding the Fellowship, please contact Jenna A. Bell, PhD, RD.
Applications must be submitted by February 25, 2019. For more information and to access the application, visit the Dannon website.