Culminating events for the Mellon-funded initiative “The Humanities and Changing Conceptions of Work,”
feature a free a free two-day conference held on May 8th and 9th at the David Brower Center in Berkeley.
Highlights of the day:
- A workshop entitled “Making the MA/PhD Work PostGraduation: A Career Workshop” — for current and recent humanities graduate students interested in pursuing a career outside/alongside the academy.
- Conversation with Christine Baker, Christine Baker, Director, California Department of Industrial Relations, Ralph Lewin, Director, Cal Humanities, and Alison Mudditt, Director, University of California Press discuss the future of work and their own paths from school to career
- Session on informational interviews
- Two-hour resume workshop (with pre-workshop online for those who register by April 30th)
- Conversation with HR representatives about how human resource professionals screens your resume
- Hosted networking dinner