The Graduate Division, Graduate Council, and Graduate Assembly invite you to the 13th annual joint ceremony honoring the 2019 recipients of the Graduate Division’s Carol D. Soc Distinguished Graduate Student Mentoring Awards and the Graduate Assembly’s Distinguished Faculty Mentor Awards. UC Berkeley graduate students and alumni are cordially invited to attend!
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
4 to 6 pm
Anna Head Alumnae Hall
2537 Haste Street
2019 Graduate Mentoring Awards Recipients
Nominated by faculty colleagues and current and former graduate students, the award recipients have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to helping UC Berkeley graduate students to succeed academically, professionally, and personally. These distinguished individuals were selected from a pool of exceptional faculty members on the Berkeley campus. We are proud to honor them for exemplifying the values and best practices of effective mentoring that are core to the University community.
Carol D. Soc Distinguished Graduate Student Mentoring Award Late-Career Faculty Winner
- Masayoshi Tomizuka, Cheryl and John Neerhout, Jr. Distinguished Professor and Chair, Mechanical Engineering
Carol D. Soc Distinguished Graduate Student Mentoring Award Early-Career Faculty Winner
- Caitlin Rosenthal, Assistant Professor, History
Distinguished Faculty Mentor Awards Winners
- Andrew F. Jones, Professor East Asian Languages, Professor and Louis B. Agassiz Chair in Chinese
- Marion Fourcade, Professor, Sociology
- Osagie Obasogie, Haas Distinguished Chair and Professor of Bioethics, School of Public Health
The Distinguished Graduate Student Mentoring Awards are sponsored by the Graduate Division, and The Faculty Mentor Awards are sponsored by the Graduate Assembly.