Monday, June 25, 2018
4 – 6 p.m.
Multicultural Community Center, Martin Luther King Jr. Student Union
2495 Bancroft Way, Suite #220
Please sign-up to hold a spot. Space is limited!
Self Defense for Self Determination: Intro to self defense and de-escalation strategies
The approach of this introductory training is rooted in social justice and healing, promoting sex-positive self defense strategies through community-based trainings that emphasize prevention. In this two-hour training you will learn and practice:
- Increasing awareness through breath and body consciousness
- Body language and using your voice
- De-escalation strategies and interrupting harassment
- Assessing situations and deciding whether or not to intervene
- Physical tactics (how to get out of holds, how to block and strike, vulnerable target areas)
The training will be led by Mamie Chow, who is part of a collective of queer-identified women and nonbinary people of color self defense collective.
For disability-related accommodations, please go to access.berkeley.edu with as much notice as possible.