Calling all innovators, entrepreneurs, creatives, marketers, foodies, graphic designers, organic farmers, craft beer lovers, storytellers and social good influencers.
UC Berkeley Events and Conferences and the Calicraft Brewing Company would like to invite all to a new experiential learning and collaborative design experience that leverages the power of community to inspire ideas that are good for the planet. Participants from all backgrounds are invited to create a themed craft beer — from concept to market — that represents the California lifestyle and is made from locally sourced ingredients.
- Saturday, Nov. 23 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Clark Kerr Garden Room
2601 Warring St, in Berkeley
Selected ideas generated during the event will be used to co-create a new Califcraft beer that will be released during SF Beer Week in February 2020. View the event’s Facebook page for updates.
Register online at http://bit.ly/2oGaRoE
- Free for Cal Students (21+), registration required
- Non-students – $10.00 per person, registration required
- A Cal ID or Photo ID is required for all registered student and non-student attendees
Event Activity Schedule
Staff and industry leaders will facilitate fun and interactive brainstorming sessions for each step of a new product’s journey, including:
- Product Development – new flavors from locally sourced ingredients
- Brand Storytelling – original theme, backstory and product naming
- Graphic Design – unique packaging, labels, and merchandise
- Social Impact – empowering others to challenge the status quo
- Product Launch – activations that create community engagement
TED Talk-style presentations held throughout the day featuring speakers from the Farm to Glass & Table movements, including:
- Blaine Landberg – Califcraft Founder
- Thomas Vo – Califcraft Mad Scientist and Master Brewer
- Dave McLean – Admiral Maltings Founder
Calicraft was created by UC Berkeley Alum Blaine Landberg in his Berkeley dorm room in 1997. Calicraft was started with the goal of creating an innovative beverage company that focused on inclusion, uniqueness, and community.