UHS Health Services announced their partnership with Blue Shield of California insured by Wellfleet Student for Fall 2019 medical, mental health and pharmacy benefits. The new partners are experienced in student health and bring innovative healthcare technology, plan customization, and dedicated customer service to our students and their families.
- Most students will not experience any significant benefit changes when we make the switch
- The comprehensive SHIP plan will remain a competitive PPO plan with other top tier plans in the health insurance marketplace
- There will be no changes to the vision and dental plans
Starting August 1, 2019, there will be some minimal benefit changes
- Addition of facial feminization surgery for transgender members
- Specialty office visit copay of $25
- Emergency room copay of $250 (waived if admitted)
- Out-of-network coinsurance of 50%
- Per inpatient admission copay of $250
SHIP Waiver Deadlines
For questions, please contact the SHIP Office at email@example.com.