Graduate Diversity Admissions Fair 2020
On Thursday, October 22, 2020, the Graduate Division hosted a virtual Graduate Diversity Admissions Fair for prospective students. This fair aligns with the Graduate Division’s expanded emphasis on increasing diversity within Berkeley’s applicant pool, student body, and future faculty, and creating a culture where students from all backgrounds feel welcomed and supported.
3-3:55 p.m. Welcome to Cal!
Watch the Recording (registration required)
- Lisa García Bedolla, Vice Provost for Graduate Studies and Dean of the Graduate Division
- Denzil Streete, Chief of Staff and Assistant Dean for Diversity
- Cynthia Ladd-Viti, Assistant Director, Office for Graduate Diversity
- Sarah Acosta, Program Coordinator Office for Graduate Diversity
- Patrick Naranjo, Director, American Indian Graduate Program
- Michael Parra, Fellowships Administrator
4-5 p.m. Department/Program Presentations
Department presentations, and one of two special sessions:
- Do’s and Don’t Do’s: Proven tips for putting together an effective Arts and Humanities graduate application
- The Berkeley Graduate Student Experience: Getting over imposter syndrome and applying to competitive programs
Recordings of department sessions are available. If you would like to watch these recordings, please register for the event and then click the “Breakout Session Recordings” link in the lower-right corner.