The goal of this working group is to understand issues around sensitive/restricted use research data from a variety of views – especially from the perspective of Berkeley researchers who need and use such data and the staff and units who support that. We will also seek to develop concrete solutions and products – whether it is environments, model security plans or data use agreements, or compendia of local data or resources. A third goal of this group is to provide input to IT and other organizations working on developing a set of suggested solutions to provide to campus leadership. We expect to cover:
- potential sources for these research data
- the legal environment and constraints under which data can be shared
- models for hosting RUD
- language used in data protection plans for various providers
- places on campus which can house restricted use data
- OPHS/IRB concerns and resources
- … and topics you might want to see covered.