If you are a grad student in the humanities and social sciences interested in a future position in government, non-profits, or the private sector, this upcoming panel next week is perfect for you!
As current and future job seekers, we are no strangers to the application process. However, many of us are also curious about the other side of the hiring process, especially for humanities and social science PhDs:
- How do human resource professionals screen and evaluate candidates?
- What are some of the skill sets that hiring managers value when interviewing advanced degree holders?
- How do new technologies change the landscape of recruitment?
Join the Career Center and GradPro for the upcoming panel: The Hiring Process from the Other Side on March 1st, 3-4:30 p.m. PST to learn more about how job application candidates are evaluated and selected.
We have invited hiring and recruiting professionals from diverse workplace backgrounds to share their insights on hiring advanced degree holders like you. This panel is especially for grad students in the humanities and social sciences, but is open to all grad students.
- Shana Love (Talent Strategist, State of California)
- Chuck Brotman (Co-founder, Blueprint Expansion)
- Chandra Alexandre (CEO, Community Action Marin)
To sign up, register via Handshake.
For disability-related accommodations, please contact Alicia Roy at email@example.com as soon as possible and we will do our best to accommodate early requests.
We look forward to seeing you there!