If you are a Berkeley graduate student and would like to enroll in the Teaching and Learning in Higher Education for GSIs Certificate Program, please complete the brief enrollment form.
- Participation in the all-day Teaching Conference for First-Time GSIs at UC Berkeley
- Successful completion of a 375 (or other 300-level) pedagogy course in your discipline that has been approved for the Certificate Program *
- Successful completion of the GSI Professional Standards and Ethics in Teaching Online Course
- Participation in six qualifying Workshops on Teaching
- At least two semesters of teaching as a GSI at UC Berkeley
- GSI classroom teaching observation by, and consultation with, a faculty mentor
- Development of a course syllabus
- Use of mid-semester teaching evaluations
- Creation of a teaching portfolio
* See the Graduate Council Policy on Appointments and Mentoring of GSIs to understand in what academic department you are permitted to take the required pedagogy course.
The Berkeley Certificate of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education is not a primary or secondary teaching credential. For information on educational credentialing, please refer to the programs offered by the Graduate School of Education.
For more information, see The GSI Teaching & Resource Center website.