Letters & Sciences has four fellowship opportunities for new and continuing Sociology graduate students.
Gan Aston Fellowship is for graduate students whose research focuses on the economic and/or social history of China or Chinese communities abroad since 1750.
- Write a narrative report describing your applicable research.
- Write a letter of nomination from the Chair that documents your current funding package and discusses the purpose for which the funds are intended.
- Submit narrative report and Chair’s letter of recommendation to Catherine by Friday, May 19th at 9 am.
New York Metro Fellowship is for graduate students who are from the New York Metro Area and/or completed their undergraduate degree there, and link the CAL community in metro New York with Berkeley’s reputation for academic excellence by creating “Ambassadors” from varied social science disciplines.
- Write your own nomination letter from the Chair’s point of view.
- Be sure to note your current year in grad studies, field of study, and whether there are other sources of funding. This award will be made on the basis of merit and need, so discuss both in your letter.
- Include your potential to act as an “Ambassador” for Cal.
- Submit your nomination letter to Catherine by Friday, May 19th at 9 am.
Abigail Hodgen Publication Funds are for female graduate students who will use the money on publication costs by 6/30/18.
- Proposal should not be more than two pages.
- Include the manuscript title, a brief description of the project, and a budget breaking out the different items on which funds are to be spent.
- Write a brief endorsement statement written from the Chair’s point of view.
- Submit proposal and endorsement statement to Catherine by Friday, May 19th at 9 am.
Shung Ye Endowment Fund is for graduate students and faculty members whose research and academic activities relate to the study of the aboriginal peoples of Taiwan, or aboriginal issues anywhere in the world.
- Write brief (one page) narrative describing the proposed activities.
- Include proposed budget.
- Attach CV.
- Provide letter of support from Major Advisor.
- Submit nominations by email directly to LSDO@berkeley.edu by the Friday, May 26th deadline.