Awards will be made for a maximum of $1500 each. Projects in all fields in the social sciences, humanities and related sciences are eligible. Proposals will be judged on their quality and on the potential of the research to strengthen scholarship on the South Caucasus.
The purpose of the fellowship is to help cover travel and/or living expenses in the South Caucasus. During his/her stay in the South Caucasus, the fellow is expected to give an ARISC-sponsored presentation on a subject related to his/her research.
- All applicants must be either graduate students enrolled in accredited degree-granting programs in the US, or
- Postdoctoral scholars or junior scholars, who have received their PhD since 2012, or
- Students graduating in spring 2017
- U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents (proof of citizenship or permanent resident status must be shown upon award notification)
- Application form
- Project statement of not more than 3 pages
- Work schedule
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
Please send a complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline is Saturday, December 31, 2016. More information can be found on the ARISC website.