14th HONET-ICT International Conference “Smart Cities: Improving Quality of Life-Using ICT & IoT”
October 9-11, 2017, Amman, Jordan
The theme of HONET-ICT 2017 is “Smart Cities: Improving Quality of Life-Using ICT & IoT” – covering various areas in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) from Physical Layers’ perspective, ICT-Services, Systems, and e-Applications to perspective from judiciary, civil service, urban planning, social services, architecture, healthcare, utilities, agriculture and education.
This year’s focus on Smart Cities and Villages (SC&V) with holistic approach will bring together researchers, practitioners, and leaders from urban planning, architecture, transportation, energy, judiciary, civic services, medicine and healthcare, education, water and sewer, agriculture and food supply chain, environment and security areas and so on.
Keeping to its traditions, it will encompass various enabling technologies including IoT, 5G, Cloud Computing and Computer Networks. Photonics, Green Energy, and Smart Microgrids tracks will cover efficient energy production/saving technologies and harvesting renewable resources. The rapidly emerging area of Big Data will include data transport, storage, cloud computing and data-analytics as pertains to various sectors of industry and society from education to e-healthcare, e.g., ICT for Healthcare. The expanded scope for the conference will cover R&D topics ranging from new materials and photonics device technologies to intelligent systems consisting of communication networks, cyber-security, e-applications and social networks.
Global ICT networks enable the high-speed internet by utilizing various photonic- and RF wireless physical layers technologies and networks spanning millions of fiber-optic links over the vast landscape and numerous satellites hovering over the earth. Such technology base is the workhorse for ICT from the architectural, security, signal transport and application perspectives. Photonic, Optoelectronic, and Wireless modes of communication complement each other and enable various communication technologies that are now the life-lines of our increasingly interconnected world.
Topics of interest:
Smart Cities/Villages (SC&V) [Non-technical as well as technical contributions invited for this track]
- Role of civil services professionals and urban/village planners in defining the blue prints/requirements/features of SC&V
- Networking, Energy & Environmental friendly infrastructures targeting services that enhance quality of life
- Traditional and Autonomous Transportation in smart cities
- Efficient water resources planning and usage
- Precision Agriculture, vision analytics in isolating diseases, pests and other hazards
- Healthcare and Educational Services
- Judicial services (such as virtual court rooms), tele-medicine
- Enhancing the Social services with ever-evolving technologies while maintaining the local culture
Computer and Communication Networks
- Wireless Networks
- Photonic Networks
- 5G Communication and beyond
- Software Defined Networks (SDN)
- Network Security and Forensic Analysis
- Big Data Analytics
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Datacenter Storage
- ICT for Healthcare Applications
- LEDs, Lasers and Solar Cells and Panels
- Micro Grid Analytics and Management
- Smart Grids, Microgrids and Renewable Energy
- Full Papers Due: 5/31/2017
- Acceptance Notification: 7/10/2017