Let’s Go! A Farewell Revel, an event to celebrate the museum’s last day on Bancroft, will feature dance battles by the brilliant TURFinc; a concert by the vocal ensemble Kitka; a performance by groundbreaking artist Dohee Lee; sound art by Chris Kallmyer; art-making for kids of all ages with Veronica Graham; and a performance of György Ligeti’s 1962 composition Poème symphonique for one hundred metronomes, led by pianist/composer Sarah Cahill.
The event will culminate in a celebratory procession to the site of BAM/PFA’s future home, which is under construction at the corners of Oxford and Center Streets in downtown Berkeley.
Let’s Go! A Farewell Revel
Sunday, December 21, 2014
11 am to 5 pm
2626 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA 94720
- Art-making for kids of all ages with artist Veronica Graham (11 am – 1 pm)
- Vibrant vocals from all-women’s ensemble Kitka (2 pm – 2:30 pm)
- Dance battles by TURFinc (2:30 pm – 3:30 pm)
- Sound art by Chris Kallmyer (3:30 pm – 4 pm)
- Performance by artist Dohee Lee (4 pm – 4:30 pm)
- A performance of one hundred metronomes? (4:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Procession to new BAM/PFA building site (5 pm)