This intensive is a 3-day presentation of the D-Lab’s introductory Stata workshop series. Day 3 will cover the following materials:
- Local and global variables (macros)
- Looping (foreach, forvalues)
- Reshaping data between wide and long formats
- Recalling and using command output
- Generating nicely formatted journal-style tables
Register on the event page.
A basic understanding of variables (nominal, ordinal, continuous), descriptive stats (mean, standard deviation), correlation, and regression would be assumed.
You do not need to bring your own computer as this workshop will be held in a computer lab with access to Stata. If you bring your computer, you can install a trial version of Stata, but please arrive 15 minutes early.