Register to Vote in California
How to register?
Voter registration forms are also available from
- Registrar of Voters Office located in the Alameda County Courthouse at 1225 Fallon Street, Room G-1, Oakland
- City clerks offices, such as the Office of the City Clerk, 2180 Milvia Street, Berkeley
- Public libraries
- Post offices
When is the deadline to register?
October 24, 2016. The voter registration deadline is always 15 days before an election.
What are the qualifications for registration?
You must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- A resident of California
- Not in prison or on parole for the conviction of a felony
- At least 18 years of age on the date of the next election
(A person may register to vote at age 17 if they will be 18 on or before the next election)
- California law denies the right to vote to persons who have been determined mentally incompetent
Pursuant to the Federal Voting Rights Act all Alameda County registration and sample ballot information is available in Spanish and Chinese as well as English.
- To speak to a voter outreach worker call (510) 272-6948
- For assistance in Cantonese call (510) 208-9665
- For assistance in Spanish call (510) 272-6975.